The Southern Landscape Group is always looking for great people to come grow with us! Please complete the form below and upload your resume. We will keep your information on file for future opportunities. Call us at (910) 944-2361 for immediate assistance!
POSITION: PROFESSIONAL FIELD STAFF
Desired Abilities of Applicants:
- Ability to be part of a crew that contains two or more team members, and abide by TSLG company policies and procedures. Assist in proactively planning and organizing the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available. Also, ensures that job is completed in the safest, most time-efficient manner and within budgeted hours.
- If applicable, reads landscaping blueprints, reviews plan with designer, and implements the landscape construction plan.
- Interact with clients in a positive, professional manner when the situations presents itself.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
- Completes the necessary paperwork including timesheets, work orders, change orders, and material requisitions.
- Briefs supervisors and makes recommendations on job status, personnel issues, or client concerns.
- Safely operate a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to skid steers, mini-skid steers, Walker mowers, push mowers, tillers, sod cutters, string trimmers, power edgers, blowers, plant augers, and chain saws. Trains team members in equipment operations.
- Safely operate automatic and manual transmission vehicles, such as dump trucks and truck and trailer combinations.
- Maintains assigned equipment and notifies mechanic of needed repairs.
- Computer and smart phone literate.
- Applies chemicals under the direction of licensed custom applicator.
Knowledge & Experience:
- This position requires a high school degree or GED, and preferably one year’s experience in the landscaping field.
- Candidate must be able to read and write and verbally understand and speak English.
- The successful individual will have a working knowledge of standard horticultural practices, including but not limited to planting, pruning, plant health care, and fertilization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, math skills, job planning skills, and mechanical aptitude are a must.
This position requires that the individual possess a current, valid North Carolina Driver’s License, as well as any work visa or immigration documentation applicable and necessary to work in the State of North Carolina.
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer: Applications are received and employees are hired without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, physical or mental handicap, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, citizenship status, or any other protected classes under state, local, or country regulations. The receipt of this application does not mean that job openings exist and does not obligate us in any way. We appreciate your interest in our organization.